Home » Posts tagged 'touching'
Tag Archives: touching
I read your note it brought a host
Of memories so near and dear
As though a whimsical tender ghost
Suddenly whispered in my ear
Emotion deep and touching be
No matter where or what we did
Sitting under a large shade tree
Much more fun when twas forbid
I shall always keep you close to me
The word of the day is “passport” and I was immediately taken to 100 different directions. I wrote a short story instead of poetry. As I looked through the other posts on passport I realized something uniquely special.
There are so many of you here who are “my passport” to happiness and unequivocal joy. A few blogs today caught my eye, and I’ve taken the liberty of sharing them as they spoke to my heart.
I’ve provided links to but a few of the many incredibly talented writers here. If you haven’t had an opportunity to view their blogs, please do so, as each one offers something different, but uniquely special that speaks volumes and I hope will touch you as much as they do me.
It was really quite maddening
Watching them all haggling
Over the old lady’s prices
While holding many devices
She was frail and she was old
And from the look of her quite cold
She was selling some of her wares
At several markets and some fairs
Not for need or want or fun
But for those who had none
The money that she did raise
Went for Christmas Holidays
For those far less fortunate
Without thought or argument
To my eyes she brought a tear
When I saw a twinkle dear
She was not saddened at all
As she headed to the mall
All the items that did not sell
She dropped into a carousel
Stuffed handmade puppies and kittens
Along with scarves and some mittens
From within her pockets large and deep
She gathered the money not a cent to keep
And into Santa’s collection box it went
For all along this had been her intent
The Black Cat Blue Sea Award
Thank you very much Second Time Blogger for nominating me for this lovely award. I, as were you, very surprised delighted and stunned at being nominated for the first award and am equally touched to receive this one as well. We also have black cats in common it would seem for my cat, Porsche, is black and poofy and incredibly intelligent. I love him dearly! So I’m with you, the name of this award rocks! And as mentioned, it is supposed to be fun!
My questions for the nominees :
- What do you wish to achieve out of your blog?
- Do you have a dream which you havent got around to fulfilling yet? If yes, then what is it?
- If you had to pick between reading a book/watching a movie while sipping on a good cup of coffee/any beverage and talking a walk on a beach, which would you choose and why?
1. In all honesty, I was terrified the first time, it was a “jump” and swim situation as I’d never heard about blogs or blogging and couldn’t fathom what I could possibly write about. Now that I’m well and truly in the water, I’m swimming full steam ahead. What I achieve through this blog, is meeting absolutely delightful people, a very warm community in fact, many of whom I hold very dear to my heart. Through blogging, I get to experience what other individuals in the world think feel hope for and how they write and perceive life. An exchange of thoughts and ideas on a global basis and therefore illuminating.
2. I’ve fulfilled so many of my dreams, and yes I’ll probably have more. They seem to pop up unexpectedly and there it is, another aspect or goal or dream I want to fulfill. At the moment, having published my first novel, I am working on 3 others and the current dream is to finish these and publish them as well.
3.How about reading a book, on the beach with coffee while enjoying the “view” and chillaxing. Seriously, a book trumps all else for entertainment; I can easily lose myself in a good book and I adore the beach. There is a freedom in both the book and the beach as well as exhilaration.
I sincerely thank you for nominating me as I read your prose constantly as the others I am about to nominate.
My questions to you are:
- Do you consider humour as an important element in your life?
- What is the furthest destination you have been able to travel to?
- Did the expectations live up to the dream?